About Tori Hudson, N.D.
Naturopathic physician Dr. Tori Hudson graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1984 and has served the college in several capacities, including medical director, associate academic dean and academic dean.
She is currently an adjunct clinical professor at NUNM, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University and the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Dr Hudson has been in practice for more than 36 years and is the medical director of her clinic, A Woman’s Time, in Portland, Oregon. She is also the founder and co-director of Naturopathic Education and Research Consortium, a nonprofit for accredited naturopathic residencies.
Dr. Hudson has recently been appointed as a faculty member of the Fellowship in Integrative Health and Medicine, Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine.
Dr. Hudson was awarded the 1990 President’s award from the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for her research in women’s health, the 1999 prestigious Naturopathic Physician of the Year award, the 2003 NUNM Alumni Pioneer Award and the 2009 Natural Products Association Pioneer Award. In 2012, she was inducted into the NUNM Hall of Fame. In 2016 Dr. Hudson was awarded the Living Legend Award by the Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Most recently, in May of 2021, Dr. Hudson was awarded the honorary Fredi Kronenberg Excellence in Research and Education in Botanicals for Women’s Health Award from the American Botanical Council. This award is presented to a researcher, educator, and/or clinician who furthers the scientific study, education, and clinical use of medicinal plants and phytomedicines for women’s health conditions.
She is a nationally recognized author, speaker, educator, researcher and clinician. Dr. Hudson serves on several editorial boards, advisory panels and as a consultant to the natural products industry.
Areas of expertise:
- Women’s health, primary care for women and gynecology/endocrinology
- Author, Women’s Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, second edition (2008).
- Contributor, Textbook of Natural Medicine, third edition; and Integrative Women’s Health.
- Hudson T, et al. Clinical and endocrinological effects of a menopausal botanical formula. J Naturo Med 1997;7(1):73-77.
- Hudson T. Consecutive case study research of carcinoma in situ of cervix employing local escharotic treatment combined with nutritional therapy. J Nat Med 1991;2:6-10.